Melania Trump Makes First Comments About Attack On U.S. Capitol

- CONSERVATIVE BRIEF - Jan 11, 2021 -

Martin Walsh -


First lady Melania Trump made her first comments on Monday about the violence at the Capitol when pro-Trump rioters stormed the building last week.



In a lengthy written statement posted to the White House website and shared on her Twitter account, she said that her heart goes out to the six people who have died since the attack, including two Capitol police officers.


“I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me — from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda,” she said. “This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain.”


Trump said that “I absolutely condemn the violence” that unfolded at the Capitol and said that she implores people to “never make assumptions based on the color of a person’s skin or use differing political ideologies as a basis for aggression and viciousness.”


The first lady urged people to focus on what unites Americans and not what causes division.

“It is inspiring to see that so many have found a passion and enthusiasm in participating in an election, but we must not allow that passion to turn to violence,” she continued.


She made no mention of those who incited the violence last Wednesday.


She said that it’s been the “honor of my lifetime” to serve as the first lady. Trump’s final day in office, unless he’s removed or resigns, is Inauguration Day on Jan. 20 when President-elect Joe Biden is sworn in.


Her full letter can be read below:


LEIA MAIS:

https://conservativebrief.com/melania-trump-gfdfg-32713/


6 views0 comments

© Todos os Direitos Reservados - heitordepaola.online

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube