- THE EPOCH TIMES - Jan 1, 2021 -
President Donald Trump announced that evidence of alleged election fraud will be presented on Jan. 6 during the Joint Session of Congress.
“Massive amounts of evidence will be presented on the 6th. We won, BIG!” Trump wrote on Twitter.
It comes as Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and about 40 House GOP lawmakers have announced they would challenge the Electoral College votes during the Jan. 6 Joint Session of Congress due to alleged fraud and irregularities during the Nov. 3 election. The challenge could lead to several hours of debate during the session.
The challenge is supported by Trump, who, in recent weeks, has met with House lawmakers, including its chief sponsor Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), at the White House.
Trump’s adviser, Jason Miller, told Newsmax earlier in the week that the team is aiming to present more evidence.
“We will have a chance in front of the American people, next week to present these cases, all these evidences of fraud,” Miller said, pointing to a lawsuit filed by Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) against Vice President Mike Pence earlier this week to prevent him from confirming Joe Biden’s electoral victory. Pence’s lawyers with the Department of Justice later said Pence isn’t the person who should face a lawsuit, arguing that Gohmert should have sued Congress.